Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sameness and Difference?

In my opinion I believe sameness is great thing for a world and also a bad thing for the world. I believe this because there would be no bias people, no wars, and no bullying. Another reason I believe this is because people would all be equal. Sameness would make the world a better place. I think sameness isn’t a good thing for the world because people can’t be themselves or be different. I think that it is a bad thing because people don’t have a lot of choice. For example they can choose what job the want. I also believe that sameness isn’t a good thing because there would be no real freedom of what that person chooses to do. If I could change sameness I would let more freedom and choice of what people do. I believe sameness is neither the best thing nor the worst thing for the world.

I think that difference is a bad thing, but also a good thing. I think difference is a bad thing because there are more fights, wars, bullying, and prejudice. Many people in the world are jealous of one another. Sameness, people are most likely not to be jealous because they are almost the same. Also many people in the world want to hurt somebody because they feel like they are the most powerful. In a world with sameness nobody can be more powerful because everybody is equal. Difference is also a good thing; I believe it is a good thing because you can have more choice in what you do. A world with difference is a world with democracy and love. Sameness does not have a choice in who is the leader; they also cannot love because in a family, the parents are just like friends. One thing I would change in difference is no more fighting, wars, or bullying. Difference is a great and bad thing for the world in my opinion.

1 comment:

Slawinski2008 said...

Nick- Good job +9. Let's work on varrying topic and conclusion sentences.